Sunday, June 23, 2013

Loving the Learning

It is so fun to watch my little girl learn and grow. I had an experience on Thursday of last week that filled me with love for her and for being a mom.

She did such a good job with me as we went about doing errands. Her hair is getting so long that I wanted to get some clips to keep it out of her eyes. I purchased some from the dollar store. One clip was already broken, but they didn't have another package and I thought, "They are just a dollar." So, purchased they became.

When we got home, I sat A. Rae on the floor, got the clips out of the bag, and pulled off the broken one to discard of it. She held out her hand for the package, signed "please", and I gave it to her. She looked at it for a second, then held out her hand again, signed "please" again, and I realized she wanted the clip. I handed that to her as well and she immediately started to stick it into the empty spot on the package.



I know it is so simple, but I was overcome with love and joy for this beautiful girl who is so smart and understands so much. What a pleasure to watch her learn seemingly insignificant things like this every day. I don't want to miss out on these moments.



I love being a mom!


No comments:

Post a Comment